Posted By David Barnard on October 29, 2010
Your voice heard: Judge rules against ObamaCare!
Not long ago, we urged you to contact your state governor and attorney general to urge them to challenge the constitutionality of ObamaCare in court.
Your voice was heard! Over 20 state attorneys general filed a lawsuit charging that ObamaCare is flatly unconstitutional.
The great news is that they were told by a federal judge late last week the lawsuit you helped inspire can go forward.
Judge Roger Vinson said that the states “have most definitely stated a plausible claim” that the federal government has absolutely no authority under the Constitution to require people to purchase health insurance.
He also indicated that the sovereign right of states under the 10th Amendment have likely been violated by the federal government’s order under ObamaCare to increase their Medicare budgets, which will, in the words of the lawsuit, “run [state] budgets off a cliff.”
Even better, the judge said that President Obama’s attorneys were making “Alice in Wonderland” arguments as they tried to defend the indefensible.
This lawsuit is likely on its way to the Supreme Court, and you will have helped to get it there. Thanks for weighing in on a critical issue at a critical time!
Don’t forget that we have an election of historic importance coming up in just two weeks. AFA Action has prepared a scorecard that includes the vote of your representative and your two senators on ObamaCare. You can view the scorecard for your state here.
Please forward this Scorecard to your family members and friends. You can readily print or share the Scorecard on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Google, Messenger, etc.
Donald E. Wildmon
If you feel our efforts are worthy of support, would you consider making a contribution to help us continue? Please note, donations to AFA Action are not tax-deductible. AFA Action is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(4) charitable organization.
Add us to your address book for prompt e-mail delivery. Learn how to do that on our website.
AFA Action | P O Drawer 2440 | Tupelo, MS 38803 | 1-662-844-5036
Copyright ? 2010 AFA Action. All Rights Reserved
Obama Changes Declaration of Independence to Omit ‘Creator’
Subscribe to the AFA Blog Feed
- Federal judge: Challenge to ObamaCare mandate can proceed to trial (hotair.com)
- Judge gives green light to Obamacare lawsuits (michellemalkin.com)
- Key Challenge to ObamaCare’s Constitutionality Advances (pajamasmedia.com)
- Challenge of health law can continue (washingtontimes.com)
- Health care lawsuit filed by 20 states including Utah moves forward ()
- Florida Challenge to ObamaCare Will Proceed…VIP!! (projectworldawareness.com)
- Federal Judge Allows Health Care Law Challenge to Proceed (politicsdaily.com)
- Judge: Florida lawsuit on health care can go to trial (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Federal Judge Roger Vinson Rules That Anti-obamacare Suit Can Go Forward (healthcarebs.com)
- Health Care Lawsuit: States’ Lawsuit Can Go To Trial, Says Federal Judge (huffingtonpost.com)